Friday, March 27, 2015

Losing A Mom Is Really Hard

Mom was making slow, but steady, progress toward becoming independent again, after her fall, which is why we were so shocked to get an early morning phone call on Wednesday, March 11, saying that Mom was being rushed to Scott and White Hospital. She was unresponsive and had a very low oxygen level.

A CAT scan done at the hospital showed that she had suffered a massive bleed on the right side of her brain, which had caused swelling and damage, even to the brain stem. The neurosurgeon explained that, considering how severe this was, he did not expect her to regain consciousness. Dan and I spent the day at her side, and I was there when she breathed her last, at 10:55 p.m.

I can't begin to tell you how very supportive my family has been in helping me through the shock and loss and helping me plan the memorial service, which was held Friday, March 20, at 10:00 a.m.


1 comment:

Oma Hagen said...

Linda,
Steve and I were sad to hear of Margaret's passing - she was such a blessing in so many lives. My mom has been gone seven years now, and never does a day go by that I don't miss her.
God bless,
Laura